• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

Wonderful Thanksgiving meals folks!  We went to my MIL’s, so I don’t have any pictures.  I made @Ann_T's corn custard (Southerners: think corn pudding), which was fabulous, as always.  MIL’s dinner was delicious – turkey, dressing, whipped potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, two different kinds of green beans (she aims to please everyone), her blue ribbon winning yeast rolls, and three pies (apple, pecan and pumpkin). 

What I am thankful for is that we didn’t end up in the ER.  We didn’t find out until after we ate that her stuffed turkey sat on the counter STILL STUFFED for almost 5 hours.  I am not a particularly fussy person (I freely double dip, leave my butter out on the counter year around, and eat after everyone I know), but I almost fell off my chair when she was talking about timing and I worked it out. :blink:

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

Wonderful Thanksgiving meals folks!  We went to my MIL’s, so I don’t have any pictures.  I made @Ann_T's corn custard (Southerners: think corn pudding), which was fabulous, as always.  MIL’s dinner was delicious – turkey, dressing, whipped potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, two different kinds of green beans (she aims to please everyone), her blue ribbon winning yeast rolls, and three pies (apple, pecan and pumpkin). 

What I am thankful for is that we didn’t end up in the ER.  We didn’t find out until after we ate that her stuffed turkey sat on the counter STILL STUFFED for almost 5 hours.  I am not a particularly fuss person (I freely double dip, leave my butter out on the counter year around, and eat after everyone I know), but I almost fell off my chair when she was talking about timing and I worked it out. :blink:

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

Wonderful Thanksgiving meals folks!  We went to my MIL’s, so I don’t have any pictures.  I made Ann T’s corn custard (Southerners: think corn pudding), which was fabulous, as always.  MIL’s dinner was delicious – turkey, dressing, whipped potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, two different kinds of green beans (she aims to please everyone), her blue ribbon winning yeast rolls, and three pies (apple, pecan and pumpkin). 

What I am thankful for is that we didn’t end up in the ER.  We didn’t find out until after we ate that her stuffed turkey sat on the counter STILL STUFFED for almost 5 hours.  I am not a particularly fuss person (I freely double dip, leave my butter out on the counter year around, and eat after everyone I know), but I almost fell off my chair when she was talking about timing and I worked it out. :blink: