• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

Typo

40 minutes ago, Ann_T said:

Escargot for Two.

OMG, that looks so good! They are absolutely impossible to find here. The one time that I brought some down from the states they got confiscated at customs. The explanation that I was given is that they are an invasive species. I tried to point out that they weren't likely to crawl out of the can and propagate. They were dead! Didn't matter. They kept my snails.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

36 minutes ago, Ann_T said:

Escargot for Two.

OMG, that looks so good! They are absolutely impossible to find here. The one time that I brought some down from the states they got confiscated at customs. The explanation that I was given is it they are an invasive species. I tried to point out that they weren't likely to crawl out of the can and propagate. They-were-dead! Didn't matter. They kept my snails.