• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

1 hour ago, liamsaunt said:

I am sorry that my dinner choice sort of derailed this topic.  I can tell you that bluefin tuna is only available directly from Massachusetts fishermen for a brief time and we are told it is sustainable.  That said, in the interest of eGullet I will ask both of the purveyors of the bluefin that I have access to about the issue. One is at my farmer's market (Red's Best) and the other is on Cape Cod (Mac's Seafood).  I am not sure how much information I will get from Red's but I know Mac's will be forthcoming.  I will see Red's on Tuesday and Mac's the first week of October.  After I talk to both of them I will start a new topic (unless one already exists, I'll look) where we can debate the merits of eating various controversial foodstuffs

That will be interesting to hear what both of them say. Thanks! Oh, and I agree this belongs in a new thread.

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

1 hour ago, liamsaunt said:

I am sorry that my dinner choice sort of derailed this topic.  I can tell you that bluefin tuna is only available directly from Massachusetts fishermen for a brief time and we are told it is sustainable.  That said, in the interest of eGullet I will ask both of the purveyors of the bluefin that I have access to about the issue. One is at my farmer's market (Red's Best) and the other is on Cape Cod (Mac's Seafood).  I am not sure how much information I will get from Red's but I know Mac's will be forthcoming.  I will see Red's on Tuesday and Mac's the first week of October.  After I talk to both of them I will start a new topic (unless one already exists, I'll look) where we can debate the merits of eating various controversial foodstuffs

That will be interesting to hear what both of them say. Thanks!