• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

patris

patris

Having some friends over for dinner tonight - wanted to put together something that required very little last-minute work and ended up with a wonderful summery spread.

Dessert is on the left - Dorie Greenspan's salted butter breakup, with fresh fruit, lemon curd and chocolate ganache for embellishing. Dinner will be an orzo salad with tomatoes, arugula and feta; hummus; tzatziki; kasseri, which will be fried up for saganaki; and @ElainaA's slow roasted cherry tomatoes. My original plan was to make pita to accompany, but neither time nor energy was on my side, so I picked up some excellent pita and markouk from a local Lebanese bakery.

IMG_2477.thumb.JPG.3617556654a4a8939f55b23828e9aab9.JPG

patris

patris

Having some friends over for dinner tonight - wanted to put together something that required very little last-minute work and ended up with a wonderful summery spread.

Dessert is on the left - Doris Greenspan's salted butter breakup, with fresh fruit, lemon curd and chocolate ganache for embellishing. Dinner will be an orzo salad with tomatoes, arugula and feta; hummus; tzatziki; kasseri, which will be fried up for saganaki; and @ElainaA's slow roasted cherry tomatoes. My original plan was to make pita to accompany, but neither time nor energy was on my side, so I picked up some excellent pita and markouk from a local Lebanese bakery.

IMG_2477.thumb.JPG.3617556654a4a8939f55b23828e9aab9.JPG