• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Thanks for the Crepes

Thanks for the Crepes

4 hours ago, chromedome said:

I've only piped cheese filling or seafood mousse into shells. I've piped ground beef into ravioli, but after I cook it I pulse it in the food processor to make it smoother. 

So that's why I don't like the texture of all the meat stuffed ravioli I've tried. :) Spinach and ricotta ravioli is my favorite.

We have a couple of Salvadoran restos here that offer some kind of meat paste in their pupusas. I can't bring myself to order meat paste in anything. It seems to invoke a deep distrust in me. I really like the cheese and loroco ones available at El Custcatleco

Thanks for the Crepes

Thanks for the Crepes

1 hour ago, chromedome said:

I've only piped cheese filling or seafood mousse into shells. I've piped ground beef into ravioli, but after I cook it I pulse it in the food processor to make it smoother. 

So that's why I don't like the texture of all the meat stuffed ravioli I've tried. :)