• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

It's still too hot for this kind of dinner, really, but it's what I woke up wanting this morning. Had to wait till evening.

dinner.thumb.jpg.8e78813a53c5736729f6060db34f8457.jpg

Steak and kidney pie with simple fried okra and new potatoes.

The steak and kidney mix contains onion, celery , carrot and a large white chilli pepper. This was started off in a wok before being transferred to the pie dish and into the oven with its lid. The wok was deglazed with red wine to make a gravy - added after the pics were taken.

okra.jpg

meat.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

It's still too hot for this kind of dinner, really, but it's what I woke up wanting this morning. Had to wait till evening.

The steak and kidney mix contains onion, celery , carrot and a large white chilli pepper. There was gravy - added after the pics were taken.

okra.jpg

meat.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

The steak and kidney mix contains onion, celery , carrot and a large white chilli pepper. There was gravy - added after the pics were taken.

okra.jpg

meat.jpg