• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I got some short ribs on impulse at the Asian market and marinated them for Kalbi and grilled them today.  It is the first time I had used the Weber in several years. I forgot how hot that thing gets and a few strips of ribs turned quite black almost instantly. Also on impulse I got corn today and it was also was cooked on the grill. Rounding out the meal was seaweed,  pickled daikon, kimchi, lettuce and two dips. One was sesame oil and salt, the other was some reserved kalbi marinade.  There was also rice but I had not put it on the table yet. 

20170626_185329.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I got some short ribs on impulse at the Asian market and marinated them for Kalbi and grilled them today.  It is the first time I had used the Weber in several years. I forgot how hot that thing gets and a few strips of ribs turned quite black almost instantly. Also on impulse I got corn today and it was also was cooked on the grill. Rounding out the meal was pickled daikon, kimchi, lettuce and two dips. One was sesame oil and salt, the other was some reserved kalbi marinade.  There was also rice but I had not put it on the table yet. 

20170626_185329.jpg