• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snacking while eGulleting... (Part 3)

Toliver

Dr. Praeger's Buffalo chicken bites ( I could only manage 3) with some blue cheese dip and a mix of Chiloula chile lime and green Tabasco.

• Like 2

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

On 6/19/2019 at 7:32 AM, chromedome said:

Triscuits are a weakness of mine. I like the roasted garlic, but favor the black pepper variety even more. Usually have the original on hand, too.

Bought a box of the cinnamon variety out of morbid curiosity, and the box (minus those first two crackers) remains in my cupboard. I theorized that they might work with a suitable cheese melted onto them and a thin slice of pear (or something like that) but haven't yet bothered to make the experiment.

I met an old  guy who said he invented Triscuits. He was an engineer at the Nabisco bakery up in Philly and was told to make a cracker out of shredded wheat cereal.

• Like 6

• Whole wheat short stack Ritz crackers with President spreadable bacon and cheddar Pub cheese....and a small container of zesty sweet and sour pickle chips.
  • Like 3

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

last night : 5 Ritz crackers with a reappearance of that Pub cheese but a dozen green grapes rather than pickles.

• Like 3

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

On 7/8/2019 at 7:49 AM, gfweb said:

I met an old  guy who said he invented Triscuits. He was an engineer at the Nabisco bakery up in Philly and was told to make a cracker out of shredded wheat cereal.

I'll buy that. My guess is equal parts of shredded wheat, vegetable oil and salt. I once nearly choked to death on a triscuit. It took me thirty or forty years to be brave enough to try one again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

• 1 month later...

Imperial Nuts Honey Mustard Crunch Bar Mix - honey mustard mini bagel chips, honey mustard sourdough pretzel pieces, honey roasted peanuts and honey mustard sesame chips (which I was a greedy gus about and snarfed them up first).

• Like 3

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

FF5DDC7E-F356-4140-A91C-F3E35AEFC94E.thumb.jpeg.4bbc3f1bd90083dc8ac8d33dbe941dbd.jpeg

Since I have even less ambition than a sloth I’m not sure if this is a snack or a meal. Cream cheese and thick-cut marmalade on Breton crackers.  

• Like 9

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Panino Insalata Caprese

Or Mozzarella, tomato and basil in a baguette. Olive oil and sea salt. (Actually I hadn't yet drizzled on the OO, or sprinkled the salt, when I took the picture.

1352901698_20190907_1530231.thumb.jpg.426a8dc5ccafccd583f32f7ddbe812db.jpg

Edited by liuzhou (log)
  • Like 6
  • Delicious 1

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

3 hours ago, chefmd said:

Michelin fatigue is real!

No kidding!  Years ago, I went on a food and wine trip to Italy.  Every day featured multi-course lunches with wine pairings and even more elaborate dinners at amazing restaurants.  In between, there were visits to wineries, olive oil mills, balsamic vinegar makers, cheese makers, etc, etc, etc.  Truly wonderful but also overwhelming.

On one of the last days, we called ahead to the lunch restaurant and asked if we could just have a big salad instead of all the courses.  They readily agreed and when we arrived, they proudly presented us with a gorgeous salad.  We were delighted and enjoyed it thoroughly.  Then they trotted out the rest of the courses...and the wines....🙃

Edited by blue_dolphin (log)
  • Haha 9

Salted cashews from a small vat 'o' cashews I bought at Costco.

• Like 3

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver