• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snacking while eGulleting... (Part 3)

Toliver

1 hour ago, blue_dolphin said:

Buttered radish toasts topped with chopped parsley, anchovy and capers.  A glass of rosé.

IMG_8792.thumb.jpg.c982ed9afa29bd55ab0467f62559f9d6.jpg

Toasts per Alison Roman's Dining In

Any chance you need a guest who doesn’t mind doing dishes? ☺️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

Toasts per Alison Roman's Dining In

You may have to start a topic on this book. It certainly has some fascinating and different ideas. I must dig it out again (or see if it comes in digital format).😊

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

On 9/8/2018 at 6:46 AM, Anna N said:

You may have to start a topic on this book. It certainly has some fascinating and different ideas. I must dig it out again (or see if it comes in digital format).😊

The good news is it's available for the Kindle (click here), but the bad news is it isn't sale-priced. ¬¬

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

4 minutes ago, Toliver said:

The good news is it's available for the Kindle (click here), but the bad news is it isn't sale-priced. ¬¬

Thanks.  Since I have the hard copy I’ll wait for a sale!Since I have the hard copy I’ll wait for a sale!

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

Lifesaver's Orange Mints (click)

You can almost taste the pith in these. The flavor is dead on and doesn't taste artificial even though they're completely artificially flavored.

Lifesavers calls them "mints" but there is no mint flavor in them that I can discern which is fine with me. 

• Like 4

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

No pics, and I promise you all....its a good thing.    I can't have dairy in any significant amounts, but I was dying for ice cream. My back and knee are in bad shape, so going to the store for my favorite coconut based ice cream did not appeal to me.  Instead, I improvised.   Frozen Cool Whip ( I know, gasp!!!), Sander's Hot Fudge, and toasted sliced almonds. It wasn't pretty, and it sounds a little gross, but it totally hit the spot. 

• Like 6
  • Delicious 2

-Andrea

A 'balanced diet' means chocolate in BOTH hands. :biggrin:

7E59753D-0610-4429-AEDA-1FC86D222635.thumb.jpeg.cbd2c0b7c4452787f75eb1ba380ffd0f.jpeg

I was given three gorgeous peaches yesterday. This one became a midmorning snack. Delicious.

• Like 9

My 2004 eG Blog

23 hours ago, Anna N said:

I was given three gorgeous peaches yesterday. This one became a midmorning snack. 

So did this one. 

425B08BF-516A-44EB-B43E-1752596E707A.thumb.jpeg.6d449f2ee58ed51f7b362b1b12ec35a7.jpeg

I can’t improve on perfection.

• Like 10

My 2004 eG Blog

• 2 weeks later...

Caramel apple rolled in chopped roasted peanuts. Is there a better snack to allow you to feel virtuous (look, I’m eating an apple) while getting a dose of candy. Plus it’s on a stick!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

• 3 weeks later...

91535301-FA44-4868-B059-F13C03769A15.thumb.jpeg.8b263c48abe1c6ea4044354ab0d4da6b.jpeg

Was “rehearsing” a recipe that called for crispy onion bits.  Seemed a shame to bin them. So I didn’t.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

My 2004 eG Blog

• 2 weeks later...

Roasted delicata squash seeds. They are pretty small so you avoid the “woodiness” that larger seeds (like pumpkin) can have. Got a little darker than I intended, I was preparing dinner and heard popping sound in the oven...

• Like 5

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

2 hours ago, gfweb said:

Arrancini with marinara

001.thumb.jpg.300507eadce9b6fc228ea39fe5f888a6.jpg

Could one, one wonders, bake arancini in one's CSO on convection bake? I love arancini. Hate like sin to deep-fry anything.

• Like 3

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com