• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

牙签牛肉 yá qiān niú ròu is a popular snack or beer food round here. Some supermarkets sell it, but I usually make by myself, as do most people. The Chinese means "toothpick beef". Lean beef is sliced thinly and cut into small pieces. These are marinaded in Shaoxing wine and soy sauce,  with garlic salt, and usually, chilli flakes. After between 30 minutes to an hour, they are threaded onto toothpicks, sprinkled with white sesame seeds and very briefly deep fried. I love 'em.

1994695196_yaqianniurou.jpg.40da3a374f62f173e27ce729686e637d.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

牙签牛肉 yá qiān niú ròu is a popular snack or beer food round here. Some supermarkets sell it, but I usually make by myself, as do most people. The Chinese means "toothpick beef". Lean beef is sliced thinly and cut into small pieces. These are marinaded in Shaoxing vinegar with garlic salt, and usually, chilli flakes. After between 30 minutes to an hour, they are threaded onto toothpicks, sprinkled with white sesame seeds and very briefly deep fried. I love 'em.

1994695196_yaqianniurou.jpg.40da3a374f62f173e27ce729686e637d.jpg