• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Thanks for the Crepes

Thanks for the Crepes

Epic fail on a "mention"!

Okay, with all this new input, I am definitely getting the okra tomorrow! They'll still be good if Irma tears us a new one and I have no power. Nothing on the list that requires refrigeration.

The okra chips at Harris Teeter still have the stems attached. (No fringes, though).

@caroled,

These whole veggie chips I'm getting are not fried, burnt or even brown. The green beans and okra are still very green. I'm guessing dehydrated or freeze dried. When frying, I like veggies crisp, but not burned. There is no way you could get the texture of these veggie chips from frying. I love grilled, roasted and fried veggies, but for a lazy, no-cook, albeit expensive snack, these things are the bomb.

Edit: I accidentally "mentioned @chefmd instead of caroled above in reference to the fried okra perspective on these okra snacks. I apologize chefmd. You were probably thinking,  "What is this crazy woman talking about?" xD

I have obtained and tried the okra chips, and like others said above, these are the scrumptious, and my favorite out of the green bean and Snapea competitors. The green beans do have a sweet note when processed this way that is almost off-putting. None of that sweetness comes through on the okra ones, and they do taste quite like crispy okra. I like these the best. The green bean snacks were sold out at Harris Teeter when I picked up the okra ones, so they appear to be not as popular, which leaves more for me. I hope they restock these things, because, as y'all said above, they are seriously good.

Thanks for the Crepes

Thanks for the Crepes

Okay, with all this new input, I am definitely getting the okra tomorrow! They'll still be good if Irma tears us a new one and I have no power. Nothing on the list that requires refrigeration.

The okra chips at Harris Teeter still have the stems attached. (No fringes, though).

@chefmd,

These whole veggie chips I'm getting are not fried, burnt or even brown. The green beans and okra are still very green. I'm guessing dehydrated or freeze dried. When frying, I like veggies crisp, but not burned. There is no way you could get the texture of these veggie chips from frying. I love grilled, roasted and fried veggies, but for a lazy, no-cook, albeit expensive snack, these things are the bomb.