• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rebecca263 has passed away

Kim Shook

I wanted to let everyone know that Rebecca Salame, who posted on eGullet as Rebecca263 has passed away.  She hasn’t been active here in over a year, but I’m sure that I’m not the only one who remembers her sweet and generous contributions here and I know that I’m not the only eG’er who has kept in touch with her.  Rebecca battled Cutaneous Lymphoma for a long time.  Her sister posted this on Facebook:

“Rebecca has passed away and is finally free from pain. She was surrounded by family and close friends. We were greatful for the outpouring of love from everyone, it made this difficult time bearable. Rebecca's father is in poor health and has not been told of her passing, we appreciate anyone who may visit or speak with him not to mention it. Thank you all for your compassion and love during her life, it truly meant the world to her.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I remember reading posts...she had created a little blog for a while about the move of her and her daughter to a little house in a farm/country kind of setting in southern NJ...about how her daughter had to grow up to take more responsibility sooner than she should have needed to...sad to hear of her passing.

• Like 2

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I just now stumbled onto this news.  Thank you for the post.  Rebecca was a very engaging person even when the conversation was about sardines or making mayonnaise.  She was a friend and though I never met her I miss her.

• Like 1