• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kitchen Sink and Faucet

weinoo

I got an undermount sink from Amazon and love it.   It has rounded corners which are easy to clean, and is large enough to hold a 12" skillet flat on the bottom.  It still looks brand new after two years of use.   It's also very quiet even with water on full blast.   Kraus KBU14 31-1/2 inch Undermount Single Bowl 16-gauge Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink

I also got a Moen faucet from Amazon and it always retracts the sprayer.My    Moen Arbor One-Handle High Arc Pulldown Kitchen Faucet Featuring Reflex, Spot Resist Stainless (7594SRS)

My maid works for several doctors with expensive kitchens and agrees that only the Moen faucet sprayers retract well.   

On 9/7/2017 at 9:40 AM, weinoo said:

The faucet is going to be a Hangrohe Talis S, for a number of reasons.

Not too high, but high enough. I like it's lines and that it has a toggle spray diverter.

And the sink is a Franke, 10" deep, because we don't have a ton of room to go very wide.

Good. I was going to recommend a Grohe or Hansgrohe.

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer

On 9/9/2017 at 11:17 AM, lindag said:

I hope your new sink is an undermount.  IMO, the only kind to buy.

As long as you're springing for countertops that aren't laminate. I know people say there are ways to have laminate countertops with an undermount sink, but I have yet to see a system that I'd be comfortable with.

MelissaH

Oswego, NY

Chemist, writer, hired gun

Say this five times fast: "A big blue bucket of blue blueberries."

foodblog1 | kitchen reno | foodblog2

On 2017-09-07 at 9:48 AM, Anna N said:

Having a very similar looking faucet installed in my kitchen this weekend. Mine is a Moen.  Didn't really get to choose it. My son-in-law bought it for his house but my daughter doesn't like it.  Anything will be better than what I have now. xD

My daughter,  seeing it installed and operative, now loves the faucet. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog