• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate muffins with blueberries and white chocolate

Kasia

What should a Sunday dessert be like if it is to disappear as soon as it has been served? In my home we need two things: chocolate and fruit. These ingredients usually ensure my culinary success. Recently I used them to prepare muffins with blueberries and white chocolate. They were yummy, fluffy inside and crunchy outside, and it was possible to smell the sweet, chocolate fragrance in the corridor outside our flat. As usual, some of them were packed in boxes for my children's packed lunch.

Ingredients (12 muffins)
300g of flour
3 tablespoons of cocoa
150g of butter
170ml of milk
160g of brown sugar
2 eggs
2 flat teaspoons of baking powder
½ teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
12 bars of white chocolate
blueberries

Heat the oven up to 190C. Put some paper muffin moulds into the "dimples" of a baking pan for muffins.
Melt the butter in a pan. Leave to cool down.
Mix together the dry ingredients of the muffins: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa. Mix together the milk, vanilla essence and eggs in a separate bowl. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix them in. Add the melted butter and mix it in again.
Put the dough into some paper muffin moulds up to 1/2 of their height, and put 3-4 blueberries and one piece of white chocolate on top. Add some dough on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

DSC_1674a.jpg

Kasia Warsaw/Poland

www.home-madepatchwork.com

follow me on Facebook and Instagram

These look and sound good.  Do you use other fruit when blueberries aren't available? I'm thinking that raspberries might work well here.

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

23 hours ago, Smithy said:

These look and sound good.  Do you use other fruit when blueberries aren't available? I'm thinking that raspberries might work well here.

Dear @Smithy it should work - I am doing such muffins often with different fruits. 

• Like 1

Kasia Warsaw/Poland

www.home-madepatchwork.com

follow me on Facebook and Instagram