• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hospital Food

liuzhou

4 hours ago, Shelby said:

I'm soooooooo happy!!!!  

Welcome home Anna!!!

NO MORE hospital.  Orders from Shelby.

But... but...I lost as much weight as I would’ve if I had paid to go to a luxury skinny ranch — 4.4 K. Woo hoo. But there must surely be easier ways!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

@Anna N thilled to see that you are home again and had a nice meal at home with Kerry! Enjoy eating what you want and sleeping in your own bed. Welcome home! Looking forward to seeing you post in your regular topics.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just a quick follow up on the imported Albertan water on our meal trays.  I did get a response and if anyone can fathom the logic in it I will be happy to listen. Basically we import water from Alberta because nowhere in Ontario can we get 4 ounces of water in little teeny plastic cups to put on the meal trays. I have responded with my  shock and horror!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 5

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

a Health Care Executive's , and a mid-level Politicians's distant nephew and niece

were awarded that contract I seem to recall.  no one in the GTA knows anyone in Alberta

that's the logic.

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

• 3 years later...
14 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

Unfortunately, I'm in hospital again.  Different one from last time. And better food, at least judging by the two meals I've had so far - breakfast and lunch.

I'll elaborate later.

Take care and get better fast, whatever it is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, liuzhou said:

Unfortunately, I'm in hospital again.  Different one from last time. And better food, at least judging by the two meals I've had so far - breakfast and lunch.

I'll elaborate later.

I was a bit suspicious when you did not complete the Wordle game. Get well soon!

• Like 1

My 2004 eG Blog

16 minutes ago, Anna N said:

I was a bit suspicious when you did not complete the Wordle game. Get well soon!

I did actually complete it; just didn't get the chance to post my result before being whisked off by ambulance, sirens blaring.

• Sad 2

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

3 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

I did actually complete it; just didn't get the chance to post my result before being whisked off by ambulance, sirens blaring.

Oh dear. Been there. Done that. But the very fact that you are posting gives me assurance that there has been some successful intervention. May you be back home in your own place soon. 

• Like 7

My 2004 eG Blog

5 hours ago, liuzhou said:

I'll elaborate later.

Yikes!  I hope it's not too serious and you're out of there soon!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, liuzhou said:

I'll elaborate later.

I hope it wasn't the new knife.

• Haha 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou