• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

26 minutes ago, Smithy said:

That protein looks unfortunately similar to some overcooked pork we had a couple of weeks ago.  There wasn't a bit of fat in that cut, and by the time it had been cooked it had the consistency of cotton.

I'm impressed with the rice wine.  

The protein was supposedly chicken but as it came with a fish bone sitting on top, I was slightly confused. The "chicken" also tastes fishy and was as dry and overcooked as your pork.

Although there is a menu, your nutrition is considered part of the cure, so the doctors effectively set your choice. Similarly, the wine, welcome as it is, is prescribed on health grounds. First time I've had a doc offer me wine "on health grounds" and meaning it - no irony intended.

liuzhou

liuzhou

5 minutes ago, Smithy said:

That protein looks unfortunately similar to some overcooked pork we had a couple of weeks ago.  There wasn't a bit of fat in that cut, and by the time it had been cooked it had the consistency of cotton.

I'm impressed with the rice wine.  

The protein was supposedly chicken but as it came with a fish bone sitting on top, I was slightly confused. The "chicken" also tastes fishy and was as dry and overcooked as your pork.

Although there is a menu, your nutrition is considered part of the cure, so the doctors effectively set your choice. Similarly, the wine, welcome as it is, is prescribed on health grounds. First time I've had a doc offer me wine "on health grounds" and meaning I. No irony intended.