• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shelby

Shelby

How did I miss this until this morning??????

What a WONDERFUL treat to read as I sip on an iced coffee.  I had so much fun perusing each menu and then carefully deciding what I would have ordered.  It was like I was having a mini vacation in my kitchen :) 

I would be in Eataly for eons and eons. I would have to probably be dragged out, kicking and screaming with my arms full of cheeses, meats and assorted kitchen wares.

I would have had to order the burrata  (I've never had it, only seen it online and it looks so good), the frito misto de pesce and the ragu arancini.  But, then I scrolled down and saw your meat platter and I might have had to order that, too.

Ohhhh that farmer's market looks so fun. Those jars of pickled mushrooms really caught my eye.

I am pea green with envy over your visit to the art institute.  Art museums .....well, lets just say I wanted to be a painter or some sort of artist when I was a kid.  Then I realized that what they say is true...you don't make much money doing that until you're dead lol.  So, I nixed that dream.  I LOVE the Manet painting.  I haven't been to a museum in years and years and years.  

Girl and the Goat looks fun.  My order:  Soft shell crab and the pig heart (unless someone would eat the pig face with me and then that would have been my pick)

LOVE the lights at The Publican.  Razor clam ceviche and the pork rinds for me there.  And definitely, to drink, the house made Lambic Doux.  

Also love the ceiling in Dusek's .  Choucroute for me along with the Nasketucket Bay oysters and that ramp pasta dish (yeah, no way could I eat all of that but a girl can dream).

Wow.  I really wrote a book here--sorry.  I just had so much fun :)  Thank you so much for taking time to do this!

I am hungry now but I know that when I open my fridge, nothing will look near as good as what I just saw from your trip.  Sigh.

Shelby

Shelby

How did I miss this until this morning??????

What a WONDERFUL treat to read as I sip on an iced coffee.  I had so much fun perusing each menu and then carefully deciding what I would have ordered.  It was like I was having a mini vacation in my kitchen :) 

I would be in Eataly for eons and eons. I would have to probably be dragged out, kicking and screaming with my arms full of cheeses, meats and assorted kitchen wares.

I would have had to order the burrata  (I've never had it, only seen it online and it looks so good), the frito misto de pesce and the ragu arancini.  But, then I scrolled down and saw your meat platter and I might have had to order that, too.

Ohhhh that farmer's market looks so fun. @Smithy and @HungryChris I notice they didn't sucker bud their peonies either >:( so very wrong :P (see the flower section in the off topic here if you're wondering about that comment lol).  Those jars of pickled mushrooms really caught my eye.

I am pea green with envy over your visit to the art institute.  Art museums .....well, lets just say I wanted to be a painter or some sort of artist when I was a kid.  Then I realized that what they say is true...you don't make much money doing that until you're dead lol.  So, I nixed that dream.  I LOVE the Manet painting.  I haven't been to a museum in years and years and years.  

Girl and the Goat looks fun.  My order:  Soft shell crab and the pig heart (unless someone would eat the pig face with me and then that would have been my pick)

LOVE the lights at The Publican.  Razor clam ceviche and the pork rinds for me there.  And definitely, to drink, the house made Lambic Doux.  

Also love the ceiling in Dusek's .  Choucroute for me along with the Nasketucket Bay oysters and that ramp pasta dish (yeah, no way could I eat all of that but a girl can dream).

Wow.  I really wrote a book here--sorry.  I just had so much fun :)  Thank you so much for taking time to do this!

I am hungry now but I know that when I open my fridge, nothing will look near as good as what I just saw from your trip.  Sigh.