• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TicTac

TicTac

1 hour ago, ElsieD said:

@TicTac  we are going to be in southern Ontario this weekend and are thinking of going to Cumbrae's at either the Dundas or Bayview location.  Are all the stores the same?  Do they sell heritage pork?  Also, was that $11 per pound for the chuck eye?  

ElsieD - Truth be told I have only been to the Bayview location as I am coming from Thornhill.  I have heard that other locations have more prepared food options, but my guess is the meat selection is fairly similar. 

They do sell heritage pork.  The $11PP was for the Chuck Eye.  If you have specific request I would suggest calling ahead - i.e. if you want an 8 week aged steak, call ahead.  I often have them vac pack lots of meat for me and call ahead as otherwise I would be waiting there 20-30 minutes easily - and that is never a good recipe as I just end up browsing and buying far more than what I had intended!

Edit - If you are going, I would also highly recommend the churned salted butter from Quebec that they sell - get that, then go down the street (if you go to the Bayview location) to Rahier and buy a few baguettes (and perhaps some dessert for later on) and thank me later :P

TicTac

TicTac

1 hour ago, ElsieD said:

@TicTac  we are going to be in southern Ontario this weekend and are thinking of going to Cumbrae's at either the Dundas or Bayview location.  Are all the stores the same?  Do they sell heritage pork?  Also, was that $11 per pound for the chuck eye?  

ElsieD - Truth be told I have only been to the Bayview location as I am coming from Thornhill.  I have heard that other locations have more prepared food options, but my guess is the meat selection is fairly similar. 

They do sell heritage pork.  The $11PP was for the Chuck Eye.  If you have specific request I would suggest calling ahead - i.e. if you want an 8 week aged steak, call ahead.  I often have them vac pack lots of meat for me and call ahead as otherwise I would be waiting there 20-30 minutes easily - and that is never a good recipe as I just end up browsing and buying far more than what I had intended!