• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rabbit Ravioli

Busboy

My wife, knowing that she would get to play with it often, bought pasta maker attachments for the KitchAid and they are spectacular and addictive. I thought this weekend I might try to replicate the rabbit-sage raviolis I once deeply enjoyed at a local trattoria. But then I realized I have no idea how they were made.

My thought is to braise the duck in red wine and the usual garni-type stuff, strip the meat, turn the bones into a rich broth and lightly warm the meat with sage, a little garlic and a little fat before stuffing.

But I am wide open to suggestion, if anyone has been there and done that.

Thanks.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

Rabbit. Actually, I already have duck confit lying around, but I've other plans for that.

Be vewy vewy quiet...I'm hunting wabbit this weekend.

Edited by Busboy (log)

I'm on the pavement

Yes, I'm for braising and stripping. I'd sear first because the blessings of St. Maillard affects rabbit in a most felicitous manner. You were going to srve the ravioli in the broth? Nice.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

I have seared often and eagerly, but who is this St. Maillard, and why has Father Bryce not mentioned him? He'll dine alone this week.

I'm on the pavement

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM