• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Edit History

andiesenji

andiesenji

This site has a few spice blends that include ground bay leaves.

Many Garam Masala blends include ground bay leaves.

Several online vendors sell ground bay leaves.  Years ago, when I was still prepping wild game for the hunters stationed at Edwards, one of the guys who entered barbecue contests used a lot of ground bay leaves in his "secret" rub.  He would come and prune my bushes for me and haul away a huge bundle of stems and leaves.  I sure missed him when he was transferred to another post.  His wife was not a cook, didn't want to learn but liked gardening.  I got her started growing herbs and gave them a couple of scions from my bays.  

andiesenji

andiesenji

This site has a few spice blends that include ground bay leaves.

Several online vendors sell ground bay leaves.  Years ago, when I was still prepping wild game for the hunters stationed at Edwards, one of the guys who entered barbecue contests used a lot of ground bay leaves in his "secret" rub.  He would come and prune my bushes for me and haul away a huge bundle of stems and leaves.  I sure missed him when he was transferred to another post.  His wife was not a cook, didn't want to learn but liked gardening.  I got her started growing herbs and gave them a couple of scions from my bays.