• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Anna N

Amazon buys Whole Foods

On 12/6/2018 at 2:24 PM, blue_dolphin said:

Half price Humboldt Fog always sounds good to me, as so some of the others!

I just got back with a chunk of Kaltbach aged gruyere.   Chunk was labeled $11, paid $5.50 because it was the daily 50% off cheese.   So, so good.  I would have probably passed on this cheese previously, because I "thought" I knew what gruyere tastes like.  This is creamy, nutty, umami semi firm, addictive cheese.   I am aiming for the Keen cheddar on Monday, then the Humboldt Fog on Tuesday.  Ah, who am I kidding, I'm gonna show up for most of them if it's possible.  

• Like 1

I stopped my WF the other day

its across the street from Tj's

I went there to get some bulk  steel-cut oatmeal   i.e. groats

thats the only place that has this item in my area.

as my vaccinations were more or less up to date 

I ventured into the store.

what I noticed :   the vegetable were not artfully stacked as high as they used to be 

before JB bought the place

things had been moved around

and I didn't see , but did not look hard for ,  kiosks of 3-D rate electronics that talked to you and monitored all you did.

[ F.D.:  I own a few shares of both AAPL and AMZN  , only a few .  more than my fingers , but less than my toes counted in }

I do suggest you buy a bazillion bucks of stuff you do not need at WH and AMAzon 3-d rate electronics.

or by the Sweet Stuff , from AAPL 

why ?  my few positions , very long term positions they are , in the doldrums due to the TrumpSterIsh  effect

my personal suggestion :  get the food stuffs at WF

and the electronics from AAPL

its a Win-Win for me , See ?

4 minutes ago, rotuts said:

my personal suggestion :  get the food stuffs at WF

and the electronics from AAPL

its a Win-Win for me , See ?

Done and Done.  9_9

• Haha 1