• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

Tonight's dinner was supposed to have been whole roasted branzino from the CSO recipe booklet (p20).  I ordered all the ingredients from amazon.*  All were correct except the organic fennel...for which they sent a leek.  There was no message asking if I wanted a replacement.  Obviously you can't roast a branzino with fennel if you only have a leek.

I called amazon and was connected to an agent immediately.  Exceptional customer service.  I explained the situation.  She said she'd never cooked with fennel and I described the recipe.  There was still a delivery window for tonight!  I placed my order for organic fennel and the representative credited me for all the extra charges.

My exhilaration was short lived.  Organic fennel is out of stock.  The shopper suggested basil.  But no.  Had they no inorganic fennel?  Once again defeat snatched from the jaws of victory.  But the customer service was quite pleasant, really.

*all but I couple things that I had, and one fished from the garbage.

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

Tonight's dinner was supposed to have been whole roasted branzino from the CSO recipe booklet (p20).  I ordered all the ingredients from amazon.*  All was correct except the organic fennel...for which they sent a leek.  There was no message asking if I wanted a replacement.  Obviously you can't roast a branzino with fennel if you only have a leek.

I called amazon and was connected to an agent immediately.  Exceptional customer service.  I explained the situation.  She said she'd never cooked with fennel and I described the recipe.  There was still a delivery window for tonight!  I placed my order for organic fennel and the representative credited me for all the extra charges.

My exhilaration was short lived.  Organic fennel is out of stock.  The shopper suggested basil.  But no.  Had they no inorganic fennel?  Once again defeat snatched from the jaws of victory.  But the customer service was quite pleasant, really.

*all but I couple things that I had, and one fished from the garbage.