• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dcarch

dcarch

Seismic changes in the food world will  soon be here. May be good, may be very bad.

Remember Amazon started experimenting with drone delivery a few years ago?

"Honey, we are out of ice cream. It's too hot and too much traffic to go and just to get ice cream."

" No problem. Alexa, go get me a quart of ice cream."

"Yes. For you or for your husband?"

"Thanks. For my husband."

"OK, you husband likes French vanilla. The ice cream will be delivered to you in two minutes. You will hear our drone arriving announcing Whole Foods delivery. BTW, your favorite gourmet olive oil is on sale. Would you like to get some?"

dcarch

dcarch

dcarch

Seismic changes in the food world will  soon be here. May be good, may be very bad.

Remember Amazon started experimenting with drone delivery a few years ago?

"Honey, we are out of ice cream. It's too hot and too much traffic to go and just get ice cream."

"OK, you husband likes French vanilla. The ice cream will be delivered to you in two minutes. You will hear our drone arriving announcing Whole Foods delivery. BTW, your favorite gourmet olive oil is on sale. Would you like to get some?"

dcarch

dcarch

dcarch

Remember Amazon start experimenting with drone delivery a few years ago?

"Honey, we are out of ice cream. It's too hot and too much traffic to go and just get ice cream."

dcarch

dcarch

dcarch

Remember Amazon start experimenting with drone delivery a few years ago?

"OK, you husband likes French vanilla. The ice cream will be delivered to you in two minutes. You will hear our drone arriving announcing Whole Food delivery. BTW, your favorite gourmet olive oil is on sale. Would you like to get some?"

dcarch