• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Smudging transfer sheets

pastryani

Left vs right, mostly non-smudged vs mostly smudged.  Sigh.

image.thumb.jpeg.163384b34f758135eb25d37b88314f99.jpeg

Why does this happen?  Was my chocolate too warm?  I painted the corners with a chocolatey brush to prevent air bubbles, but that was only in the corners and I certainly didn't linger with the paintbrush.  Ideas?

5 hours ago, AnythingButPlainChocolate said:

It almost looks like the sheet moved as there's a faint first impression from the image, but I may be wrong.

Raises the question as to whether they were completely flat initially.

• Like 1

Thanks both.  It kind of does look like the sheet moved, but I'm not sure how that would've happened (I cut the sheet so that it was laying flat when I attached the magnetic bottom to it).  Also I should've specified that all the chocolates in the picture above were from a single casting in that mold, so if the transfer moved then wouldn't all the images be fuzzy?