• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

DesertTinker

DesertTinker

Punctuation

48 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

AND my tried and true method for 5 minute hard cooked eggs has failed.  I have a dozen ice cold soft cooked eggs.  😡 I seem to have lost my mojo.  I guess when you don't cook for a couple of months, it is to be expected.  

Also, eggs are weird, sometimes they just don’t do what they’re supposed to do. After tons of 5 minute hard cooked eggs that just about peeled themselves, I got a batch that ended up cratered like the moon after my peeling attempts, they just wouldn’t give up their shells. Chucked the remains into the fridge for egg salad, did a second batch from the same carton and they came out perfect! Go figure…

DesertTinker

DesertTinker

41 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

AND my tried and true method for 5 minute hard cooked eggs has failed.  I have a dozen ice cold soft cooked eggs.  😡 I seem to have lost my mojo.  I guess when you don't cook for a couple of months, it is to be expected.  

Also, eggs are weird, sometimes they just don’t do what they’re supposed to do. After tons of 5 minute hard cooked eggs that just about peeled themselves, I got a batch that ended up cratered like the moon after my peeling attempts, they just wouldn’t give up their shells. Chucked the remains into the fridge for egg salad, did a second batch from the same carton and they came out perfect, ! Go figure…