• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

Decided to do Bourdain's boeuf Bourguignon for a dinner party last night.  I did it for the first time ever in the IP and I confess I did it a bit ass-backwards.  I asked @JAZ for advice and she helped me decide that I could do it.  I was going back and forth between Bourdain’s recipe and Janet’s advice and somehow missed that I was supposed to cook my meat for about 30 minutes and THEN cook my vegetables about FOUR minutes.  Everything tasted wonderful, but my lovely and oh-so-expensive cipollini onions disintegrated.  🙄😊

DSCN0394.JPG.fade2a6c3ce4ce0e88611c013975018f.JPG

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

Decided to do Bourdain's boeuf Bourguignon for a dinner party last night.  I did it for the first time ever in the IP and I confess I did it a bit ass-backwards.  I asked @JAZ for advice and she helped me decide that I could do it.  I was going back and forth between Bourdain’s recipe and Janet’s advice and somehow missed that I was supposed to cook my meat for about 30 minutes and THEN cook my vegetables about FOUR minutes.  Everything tasted wonderful, but my lovely and oh-so-expensive cipollini onions disintegrated.  🙄😊

DSCN0394.JPG.fade2a6c3ce4ce0e88611c013975018f.JPG