• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

for me :

pressure steamed eggs , of various yolk consistencies

Pressure steamed potatoes  , either for mashed  ( i feel pressure steaming , w skins always on , gives more flavorful mash  ) or potato salad when cooled.

I do these potatoes in bulk and keep refrigerated for P.S.  all sorts of root veg pressure steamed Beets , carrots etc

Meat Ragu :  ground turkey / tomato sauce / etc      cooled and molded into ' brinks ' ,  frozen and chamber-vac'd , kept Fz for future use

and of course , all sorts of sorts of stock ,  mostly turkey and chicken.   similar ' bricks ' are vac's and frozen

and used up to 4 times, i.e. thawed up to 4 times for the liquid in the next version.   ( a 4 x concentrated brick-stock , saving evaporation to concentrate )   Im might do more times, but they get used up

for gravy , and soups. and then I start again.  I do use 1 x if that's all I have , they they seem to last for 4 sessions in the iPot.

soups.

I feel meat in the iP is not as nice as SV meat :  the temps in the iP extrude to much Jus.

but I a big fan of Sous Vide that takes up the slack for meat.  I do SV in bulk thus have various meats Vac'd and frozen.

rotuts

rotuts

for me :

Pressure steamed potatoes  , either for mashed  ( i feel pressure steaming , w skins always on , gives more flavorful mash  ) or potato salad when cooled.

I do these potatoes in bulk and keep refrigerated for P.S.  all sorts of root veg pressure steamed Beets , carrots etc

Meat Ragu :  ground turkey / tomato sauce / etc      cooled and molded into ' brinks ' ,  frozen and chamber-vac'd , kept Fz for future use

and of course , all sorts of sorts of stock ,  mostly turkey and chicken.   similar ' bricks ' are vac's and frozen

and used up to 4 times ( a 4 x concentrated brick-stock , saving evaporation to concentrate )   Im might do more , but they get used up

for gravy , and soups.

soups.

I feel meat in the iP is not as nice as SV meat :  the temps in the iP extrude to much Jus.

but I a big fan of Sous Vide that takes up the slack for meat.  I do SV in bulk thus have various meats Vac'd and frozen.

rotuts

rotuts

for me :

I do these potatoes in bulk and keep refrigerated for P.S.

and used up to 4 times ( a 4 x concentrated brick-stock , saving evaporation to concentrate )   Im might do more , but they get used up

for gravy , and soups.

soups.