• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

@JAZ

Vegetables and side dishes - I would keep that chapter, for sure. Sometimes you have an easy way to prepare your protein (grill, for example), and can use the instant pot for a more elaborate side dish. So it makes perfect sense to me to have a dedicated chapter for side dishes.

Beans and grains, I would include that into the vegetables and side dishes. I just see them as one option for side dishes and don't eat enough beans/grains to want an entire chapter dedicated to them, but others may have a different opinion of course.

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

@jaz

Vegetables and side dishes - I would keep that chapter, for sure. Sometimes you have an easy way to prepare your protein (grill, for example), and can use the instant pot for a more elaborate side dish. So it makes perfect sense to me to have a dedicated chapter for side dishes.

Beans and grains, I would include that into the vegetables and side dishes. I just see them as one option for side dishes and don't eat enough beans/grains to want an entire chapter dedicated to them, but others may have a different opinion of course.