• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

I did not see true 7 - in one duo on sale at Walmart

this is the one you want ;

https://www.target.com/p/instant-pot-7-in-1-pressure-cooker-6-qt-stainless-steel/-/A-50608360#lnk=sametab

at Target w their REedCard  ( free credit card )  the price drops to $ 80 USD and you get an additional 5 % off purchase w the RC

it does a lot of things  very easily 

you mentioned time is not an issue for you

it does a number of things better and other methods :

pressure steaming.  you need to get a 3d party basket

PS veg of all kinds keep the flavors in the veg and its also easy and quick

PS  eggs  18 at a time is also wonderful

Soups / stocks    very easy and quick

the best mashed potatoes ive ever made come from pressure-stewed russets  sliced into lg chunks  skin on then

placed back in the main pan after the 1 cup of water was tossed and mashed.

all the components of a CornedBeef dinner  Ex meat  ( my pref , others think its fine )  are easy and reliable in stock that comes from the

SV  Cb's which you use as a base + eater for the potatoes , carrots and cabbage.   you thicken this broth for a wonderful gravy

I don't know if Amazon has the 7 - 1 on sale  or other vendors.

the 7 - 1 is worth it for sure.

its 85 at amazon

but as I not a prime member i won't know if they drop it down over the next few days.

rotuts

rotuts

I did not see true 7 - in one duo on sale at Walmart

this is the one you want ;

https://www.target.com/p/instant-pot-7-in-1-pressure-cooker-6-qt-stainless-steel/-/A-50608360#lnk=sametab

at Target w their REedCard  ( free credit card )  the price drops to $ 80 USD and you get an additional 5 % off purchase w the RC

it does a lot of things  very easily 

you mentioned time is not an issue for you

it does a number of things better and other methods :

pressure steaming.  you need to get a 3d party basket

PS veg of all kinds keep the flavors in the veg and its also easy and quick

PS  eggs  18 at a time is also wonderful

Soups / stocks    very easy and quick

the best mashed potatoes ive ever made come from pressure-stewed russets  sliced into lg chunks  skin on then

placed back in the main pan after the 1 cup of water was tossed and mashed.

all the components of a CornedBeef dinner  Ex meat  ( my pref , others think its fine )  are easy and reliable in stock that comes from the

SV  Cb's which you use as a base + eater for the potatoes , carrots and cabbage.   you thicken this broth for a wonderful gravy

I don't know if Amazon has the 7 - 1 on sale  or other vendors.

the 7 - 1 is worth it for sure.