• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

robirdstx

robirdstx

Added PS

3535902F-4DB9-4743-997B-D14439A8B86F.thumb.jpeg.c3834218d4fd29362afc88cee4951cca.jpeg

I had two bone-in pieces of pork in the freezer that I wanted to use up. One was a nice sized center cut loin chop and the other was a small piece of butt steak. I cooked them together in the Instant Pot. After browning each piece, one at a time, with the  sauté function, I added the onions and garlic and sautéed for just a minute, deglazed the pot with a little dry sherry, added the gravy (see PS below) and mushrooms and returned the pork to the pot. I cooked them on Manual at High Pressure for 8 minutes with 20 minutes Natural Release. Both cuts of meat were tender enough to cut with a fork. We each had a portion with our dinner tonight.

PS: The gravy was leftover from the freezer and the leftover gravy from tonight went back in!

robirdstx

robirdstx

Added PS

3535902F-4DB9-4743-997B-D14439A8B86F.thumb.jpeg.c3834218d4fd29362afc88cee4951cca.jpeg

I had two bone-in pieces of pork in the freezer that I wanted to use up. One was a nice sized center cut loin chop and the other was a small piece of butt steak. I cooked them together in the Instant Pot. After browning each piece, one at a time, with the  sauté function, I added the onions and garlic and sautéed for just a minute, deglazed the pot with a little dry sherry, added the gravy(see PS below) and mushrooms and returned the pork to the pot. I cooked them on Manual at High Pressure for 8 minutes with 20 minutes Natural Release. Both cuts of meat were tender enough to cut with a fork. We each had a portion with our dinner tonight.

PS: The gravy was leftover from the freezer and the leftover gravy from tonight went back in!

robirdstx

robirdstx

I had two bone-in pieces of pork in the freezer that I wanted to use up. One was a nice sized center cut loin chop and the other was a small piece of butt steak. I cooked them together in the Instant Pot. After browning each piece, one at a time, with the  sauté function, I added the onions and garlic and sautéed for just a minute, deglazed the pot with a little dry Sherry, added the gravy and mushrooms and returned the pork to the pot. I cooked them on Manual at High Pressure for 8 minutes with 20 minutes Natural Release. Both cuts of meat were tender enough to cut with a fork. We each had a portion with our dinner tonight.

robirdstx

robirdstx

I had two bone-in pieces of pork in the freezer that I wanted to use up. One was a nice sized center cut loin chop and the other was a small piece of butt steak. I cooked them together in the Instant Pot. After browning each piece, one at a time, with the  sauté function, I added the onions and garlic and sautéed for just a minute, deglazed the pot with a little dry Sherry, added the gravy and mushrooms and returned the pork to the pot. I cooked them on Manual at High Pressure for 8 minutes with 20 minutes Natural Release. Both cuts of meat were tender enough to cut with a fork. We each had a portion with our dinner tonight.

robirdstx

robirdstx

I had two bone-in pieces of pork in the freezer that  I wanted to use up. One was a nice sized center cut loin chop and the other was a small piece of butt steak. I cooked them together in the Instant Pot. After browning each piece, one at a time, with sauté function, I added the onions and garlic and sautéed for just a minute, deglazed the pot with a little dry Sherry, added the gravy and mushrooms and returned the pork to the pot. I cooked them on Manual at High Pressure for 8 minutes with 20 minutes Natural Release. Both cuts of meat were tender enough to cut with a fork. We each had a portion with our dinner tonight.

robirdstx

robirdstx

I had two bone-in pieces of pork in the freezer that  I wanted to use up. One was a nice sized center cut loin chop and the other was a small piece of butt steak. I cooked them together in the Instant Pot. After browning each piece, one at a time, with sauté function, I added the onions and garlic and sautéed for just a minute, deglazed the pot with a little dry Sherry, added the gravy and mushrooms and returned the pork to the pot. I cooked them on Manual at High Pressure for 8 minutes with 20 minutes Natural Release. First time trying this recipe and must say I was pleasantly surprised. Both cuts of meat were tender enough to cut with a fork.