• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

Self editing

19 minutes ago, Smithy said:

Do you have any comments on the flexibility of the ingredients?

I'm not sure about using the Neufchatel cheese because I haven't used it for years because it isn't available here. I do know that one time I got lite cream cheese by accident and it came out almost watery. It still tasted good and we ate it anyway but I wouldn't make it with that again. I definitely plan to try some different flavor profiles and I think this could be adapted to just about anything. I used Shelby's idea for a savory cheesecake, using these proportions and omitting the sugar and it turned out great. I used some salmon, finely chopped fennel bulb, lemon, dill, and a little bit of smoke flavoring and it was delicious. This week I'm going to see if I can develop one with an Asian twist for a lunch in that I'm going to be giving in two weeks. I'll let you know how that turns out.

As I told weedy in an earlier post, as long as the proportions are right I don't see why this can't be adapted in a lot of ways. I'm already trying to figure out how I can make a pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

2 minutes ago, Smithy said:

Do you have any comments on the flexibility of the ingredients?

I'm not sure about using the Neufchatel cheese because I haven't used it for years because it isn't available here. I do know that one time I got lite cream cheese by accident and it came out almost watery. It still tasted good and we ate it anyway but I wouldn't make it with that again. I definitely plan to try some different flavor profiles and I think this could be adapted to just about anything. I used Shelby's idea for a savory cheesecake use, using these proportions and omitting the sugar and it turned out great. I used some salmon, finely chopped fennel bulb, lemon, dill, and a little bit of smoke flavoring and it was delicious. This week I'm going to see if I can develop one with an Asian twist for a lunch in that I'm going to be giving in two weeks. I'll let you know how that turns out.

As I told weedy in an earlier post, as long as the proportions are right I don't see why this can't be adapted in a lot of ways. I'm already trying to figure out how I can make a pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving.