• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

using the 6 qt DUO

Ive set some jared tomato to simmer using the Saute button  the adjust button to ' less'

the ' less ' isn't really a button but one of three choices under the digital dial :

less    ------    normal  -------  more

here is a screen shot of the manual , pp  17 :saute.thumb.jpg.fe88dc02473ebd49d5ae5aa40816bc7d.jpg

but you've done that as far as I can tell.

I didn't do this to actually reduce the volume , just to get the tomato sauce to a slow bubble while I

sauté's the two batches of ground  turkey and several turkey italian sausages in a conventional pan

to add to the tomato sauce  I didn't thermapen the sauce to see the temp.

the HPressure to make ragu.

rotuts

rotuts

using the 6 qt DUO

Ive set some jared tomato to simmer using the Saute button  the adjust button to ' less'

the ' less ' isn't really a button but one of three choices under the digital dial :

here is a screen shot of the manual , pp  17 :saute.thumb.jpg.fe88dc02473ebd49d5ae5aa40816bc7d.jpg

I didn't do this to actually reduce the volume , just to get the tomato sauce to a slow bubble while I

sauté's the two batches of ground  turkey and several turkey italian sausages in a conventional pan

to add to the tomato sauce 

the HPressure to make ragu.

rotuts

rotuts

using the 6 qt DUO