• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

To add WSJ link

1 hour ago, rotuts said:

now for a bit of a pause ?

Since they are investigating berries purchased between March 5, 2022, and April 25, 2022, I'd guess that the areas those berries are from have been fully harvested and current store stocks are from different areas. 

For these HepA cases, they are looking at organic berries branded FreshKampo or HEB. From their website, FreshKampo grows organic strawberries only in Mexico. And they sell to HEB so it could be just one source for the current cases. Per the WSJ, H-E-B has not received or sold organic strawberries from the supplier under investigation since April 16.  Makes sense as berry production moves north.  Of course, I suppose a filthy fingered berry worker could move north as well. 

Not sure why you mention Driscoll's. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

39 minutes ago, rotuts said:

now for a bit of a pause ?

Since they are investigating berries purchased between March 5, 2022, and April 25, 2022, I'd guess that the areas those berries are from have been fully harvested and current store stocks are from different areas. 

For these HepA cases, they are looking at organic berries branded FreshKampo or HEB. From their website, FreshKampo grows organic strawberries only in Mexico. And they sell to HEB so it could be just one source for the current cases. Not sure why you mention Driscoll's.