• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Got this Red Butte Hatch Chile cheese from Beehive Cheese in Utah. Can't remember if I've tried it before or not. Cheddar style, so a much more flavorful cheese than a pepper jack but not super aged  - the texture is much more creamy than crumbly. Hatch chile flavor is present but subtle with little heat, though I can't rule out the possibility of a hot bit sneaking in. Will have to try it in a grilled cheese. 

It's $9.99 at TJ's.  Info from Beehive Cheese's website at this link

IMG_4403.thumb.jpeg.58ca88c7df182b3939c0464411e8b342.jpeg

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Got this Red Butte Hatch Chile cheese from Beehive Cheese in Utah. Can't remember if I've tried it before or not. Cheddar style, so a much more flavorful cheese than a pepper jack but not super aged  - the texture is much more creamy than crumbly. Will have to try it in a grilled cheese. 

It's $9.99 at TJ's.  Info from Beehive Cheese's website at this link

IMG_4403.thumb.jpeg.58ca88c7df182b3939c0464411e8b342.jpeg