• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

Never thought I'd go back, but been twice in the last week or two, since things have apparently gotten safer around here. Go early and practically no one in the store.

Couple of the produce items will definitely be replacing stuff ordered from Fresh Direct...at least it can be touched before buying it, and it's cheaper. I can count on their avocados, and some other things. For instance, I picked up both of these this week:

IMG_4433.thumb.jpeg.33237e13039a7066604ef87ece76fb07.jpeg

The shallots are imported from France, and not those gigantic ones, so much more user friendly in my opinion.  I think Melissa's has always been considered kind of a quality brand, and these potatoes are as nice as any I'll get without seeing/touching them first.

Of course, now that the farmer's market is in full swing, most produce shopping will be done there, but the climate has not changed enough for us to grow avos or oranges here...yet 😉 .

weinoo

weinoo

I never thought I'd go back, but I've been twice in the last week or two, since things have apparently gotten safer around here. Go early and practically no one in the store.

Couple of the produce items will definitely be replacing stuff I was getting from Fresh Direct...at least I can touch it before I buy it, and stuff is cheaper. I can count on their avocados, and some other things. For instance, I picked up both of these this week:

IMG_4433.thumb.jpeg.33237e13039a7066604ef87ece76fb07.jpeg

The shallots are imported from France, and not those gigantic ones, so much more user friendly in my opinion.  I think Melissa's has always been considered kind of a quality brand, and these potatoes are as nice as any I'll get without seeing/touching them first.

Of course, now that the farmer's market is in full swing, most produce shopping will be done there, but the climate has not changed enough for us to grow avos or oranges here...yet 😉 .