• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

Oh it is not going anywhere.  I have mentioned before that we shopped at the original store in Pasadena starting in the late 70s. My local wine merchant pointed me there as they had my favorite champagne at a reasonable cost and we were starting to enjoy Chilean wine which they were pioneering dirt cheap. During a grocery worker strike people in my area became TJ fans. If you like interesting food it is your Disneyland. Always an adventure. I interviewed at corporate in Monrovia once and it was truly everyone in the shirts and all the staff friendly. The 90 and 98 year olds are headed there today Only their cinnamon raisin bread will do for my father's daily breakfast.

heidih

heidih

Oh it is not going anywhere.  I have mentioned before that we shopped at the original store in Pasadena starting in the late 70s. My local wine merchant pointed me there as they had my favorite champagne at a reasonable cost and we were starting to enjoy Chilean wine which they were pioneering dirt cheap. During a grocery worker strike people in my area became TJ fans. If you like interesting food it is your Disneyland. Always an adventure. I interviewed at corporate in Monrovia once and it was truly everyone in the shirts and all the staff friendly.