• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

So after a few months of having our nice, new, huge Trader Joe's open across the street, I've become much less enthralled with the products on offer.

Especially stuff like produce as we move into the warmer months and I'm able to get good stuff at the markets, including the brand new Essex Market, literally a block away. 

I don't mind the biscotti. The kefir is fine. I used the precooked beets from France to make a nice borscht (with that kefir!), and it was super easy and came out great.  And Significant Eater likes the string cheese as part of her snack bag I put together for her to take to work.

Nuts, dried fruit are fine. 

weinoo

weinoo

So after a few months of having our nice, new, huge Trader Joe's open across the street, I've become much less enthralled with the products on offer.

Especially stuff like produce as we move into the warmer months and I'm able to get good stuff at the markets, including the brand new Essex Market, literally a block away. 

I don't mind the biscotti. The kefir is fine. I used the precooked beets from France to make a nice borscht, and it was super easy and came out great.  And Significant Eater likes the string cheese as part of her snack bag I put together for her to take to work.

Nuts, dried fruit are fine.