• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FauxPas

FauxPas

Every time I go to TJ's I am struck by the range of East Indian meals, especially in the frozen section. I have tried the Butter Chicken, Channa Masala, Chicken Tikka Masala, Vegetable Biryani, Naan, Samosas, Aloo Chat Kati and their Mango-Ginger chutney. The only one we didn't really like was the Aloo Chat Kati and I'm not sure why. At first the pockets tasted good, but then there was a bit of an aftertaste that I found unpleasant. 

Have not tried the garlic Naan bread, Vegan Tikka Masala, Palak Paneer, the eggplant curry (Baincan Bharta), or the Korma Fish Curry. I have Lamb Vindaloo in the freezer now. Who else has tried these and am I missing any others?

I put off trying their frozen meals because I liked making my own Indian food, but I've since found they are a nice option to have on hand for days when things are rushed or just not feeling up to cooking. 

Photo from one of the local Trader Joe's freezer sections.

IMG_20190131_125538.thumb.jpg.5bacbdfbc4e216eb7cfa62b29f6ad1bd.jpg

FauxPas

FauxPas

Every time I go to TJ's I am struck by the range of East Indian meals, especially in the frozen section. I have tried the Butter Chicken, Channa Masala, Chicken Tikka Masala, Vegetable Biryani, Naan, Samosas, Aloo Chat Kati and their Mango-Ginger chutney. The only one we didn't really like was the Aloo Chat Kati and I'm not sure why. At first the pockets tasted good, but then there was a bit of an aftertaste that I found unpleasant. 

Have not tried the garlic Naan bread, Vegan Tikka Masala, Palak Paneer, the eggplant curry (Baincan Bharta), or the Korma Fish Curry. I have Lamb Vindaloo in the freezer now. Who else has tried these and am I missing any others?

I put off trying their frozen meals because I liked making my own, but I've since found they are a nice option to have on hand for days when things are rushed or just not feeling up to cooking. 

Photo from one of the local Trader Joe's freezer sections.

IMG_20190131_125538.thumb.jpg.5bacbdfbc4e216eb7cfa62b29f6ad1bd.jpg