• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

spelling

Update to TJ's sous vide turkey legs.  Loved them.  I love poultry dark meat, I do not eat white meat unless that is the only choice to eat.  These made me happy.

There are two drumsticks per package, kind of pricy ($9.88 for my package) and sealed in with about a cup of turkey jus.   I warmed them up in the bag at 138F with my Joule.

Directions say bake/broil.  I didn't bother, just warmed them for about 45 min and opened and served.  No pics since late meal.  Not overly spiced or salty, very tender, almost fall off the bone meat.  The bag jus would make a very fine gravy.  I don't know if I could do better than these myself sous vide from raw drumsticks. Actually thinking of doing turkey thighs and wings instead. The large part of the wing is like a drumstick without the tendons.  They are just kind of hard to find at supermarkets consistently.

lemniscate

lemniscate

Update to TJ's sous vide turkey legs.  Loved them.  I love poultry dark meat, I do not eat white meat unless that is the only choice to eat.  These made me happy.

There are two drumsticks per package, kind of pricy ($9.88 for my package) and sealed in with about a cup of turkey jus.   I warmed them up in the bag at 138F with my Joule.

Directions say bake/broil.  I didn't bother, just warmed them for about 45 min and opened and served.  No pics since late meal.  Not overly spiced or salty, very tender, almost fallof the bone meat.  The bag jus would make a very fine gravy.  I don't know if I could do better than these myself sous vide from raw drumsticks. Actually thinking of doing turkey thighs and wings instead. The large part of the wing is like a drumstick without the tendons.  They are just kind of hard to find at supermarkets consistently.