• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Shelby

Dinner 2017 (Part 5)

454 posts in this topic

@chefmd your family is in my thoughts. Safe travels. 

Edited by MetsFan5 Can't spell! (log)

@chefmd, I'm so sorry - and best wishes for your travels, and your father.

I myself am on the verge of some kind of breakdown for international travel + family reasons, having JUST returned from a hellish week to the wilds of British Columbia in Canada, where my brother in law has committed suicide, necessitating what has been a very upsetting trip. As a result of the stress, the jetlag, the grief, the shock and the general psychic distress of all combined, my dinners lately have basically consisted of things like this -  a Rum and Rum and Rum and Rum and Raisin; Flor de Cana aged rum, Mount Gay Barbados rum, Sailor Jerry spiced rum, a rounding of treacly Pedro Ximenez, and giant, fat golden raisins that I've been macerating in rhum agricole for nearly 2 years.

19388638_10155414693204122_846390336378289206_o.thumb.jpg.e350fbc260b801282b7f811036ff85af.jpg

One day soon I'll cook again properly, as I struggle to find my new normal.

Love and light to you all.

1 person likes this

You as well, RRO