• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

chefmd

chefmd

8 hours ago, rarerollingobject said:

@chefmd, I'm so sorry - and best wishes for your travels, and your father.

I myself am on the verge of some kind of breakdown for international travel + family reasons, having JUST returned from a hellish week to the wilds of British Columbia in Canada, where my brother in law has committed suicide, necessitating what has been a very upsetting trip. As a result of the stress, the jetlag, the grief, the shock and the general psychic distress of all combined, my dinners lately have basically consisted of things like this -  a Rum and Rum and Rum and Rum and Raisin; Flor de Cana aged rum, Mount Gay Barbados rum, Sailor Jerry spiced rum, a rounding of treacly Pedro Ximenez, and giant, fat golden raisins that I've been macerating in rhum agricole for nearly 2 years.

19388638_10155414693204122_846390336378289206_o.thumb.jpg.e350fbc260b801282b7f811036ff85af.jpg

One day soon I'll cook again properly, as I struggle to find my new normal.

Love and light to you all.

So sorry for your loss.  Young life incomplete is always tragic, whatever the reason.  I myself succumbed to drinking martini last night knowing all too well that it will put me into a deep sleep...only to wake up at 3 am.  DH shared stale bagel with me like a champ prior to sunrise.

chefmd

chefmd

8 hours ago, rarerollingobject said:

@chefmd, I'm so sorry - and best wishes for your travels, and your father.

I myself am on the verge of some kind of breakdown for international travel + family reasons, having JUST returned from a hellish week to the wilds of British Columbia in Canada, where my brother in law has committed suicide, necessitating what has been a very upsetting trip. As a result of the stress, the jetlag, the grief, the shock and the general psychic distress of all combined, my dinners lately have basically consisted of things like this -  a Rum and Rum and Rum and Rum and Raisin; Flor de Cana aged rum, Mount Gay Barbados rum, Sailor Jerry spiced rum, a rounding of treacly Pedro Ximenez, and giant, fat golden raisins that I've been macerating in rhum agricole for nearly 2 years.

19388638_10155414693204122_846390336378289206_o.thumb.jpg.e350fbc260b801282b7f811036ff85af.jpg

One day soon I'll cook again properly, as I struggle to find my new normal.

Love and light to you all.

So sorry for your loss.  Young life incomplete is always tragic, whatever the reason.  I myself succumbed to drinking martini last knight knowing all too well that it will put me into a deep sleep...only to wake up at 3 am.  DH shared stale bagel with me like a champ prior to sunrise.