• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

crab.thumb.jpg.41a0458bd394208c9dcd6c0ef92cf80a.jpg

In Chinese, these are known as 花蟹 (huā xiè), literally 'flower crabs'. Bright blue when raw. I buy them live.

Stir fried with lots of chopped garlic, grated ginger, chopped green chilli,. Added Vietnamese fish sauce and Chinese oyster sauce. Finished with chopped chives and coriander leaf.

With rice to mop up sauce. Skipped vegetation tonight.

Messy finger food - there is no dignified way to eat these.

Followed by more fresh lychees than is probably safe.

lychees.thumb.jpg.e3385f212fe81eb5116358ce44cfcd7d.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

In Chinese, these are known as 花蟹 (huā xiè), literally 'flower crabs'. Bright blue when raw. I buy them live.

Stir fried with lots of chopped garlic, grated ginger, chopped green chilli,. Added Vietnamese fish sauce and Chinese oyster sauce. Finished with chopped chives and coriander leaf.

With rice to mop up sauce. Skipped vegetation tonight.

liuzhou

liuzhou

With rice. Skipped vegetation tonight.