• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

10 minutes ago, ninagluck said:

tonights dinner: dear with baked yeast buns and spring onions. the yeast buns are traditionally served sweet with a vanilla sauce. I made the dough with very little sugar and lots of thyme. perfect for anything with sauce

A  most interesting plating.  While I might often serve buns or bread on the side, I have never thought of serving them on the plate. This appears to work very well in this instance and I shall file it away for future reference.   As always your food looks very sophisticated and delicious.   Thank you, as always, for sharing.   I think many of us gain much inspiration from your posts.

Edited to ask if the deer is wrapped in bacon or something similar? 

Anna N

Anna N

7 minutes ago, ninagluck said:

tonights dinner: dear with baked yeast buns and spring onions. the yeast buns are traditionally served sweet with a vanilla sauce. I made the dough with very little sugar and lots of thyme. perfect for anything with sauce

A  most interesting plating.  While I might often serve buns or bread on the side, I have never thought of serving them on the plate. This appears to work very well in this instance and I shall file it away for future reference.   As always your food looks very sophisticated and delicious.   Thank you, as always, for sharing.   I think many of us gain much inspiration from your posts.