• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Your Daily Sweets: What Are You Making and Baking? (2017 – )

pjm333

@rotuts - thank you.  I was feeling the same way, but don't know how to fix other peoples' pictures.  LOL

We had house guests and I made these to have around:

IMG_7135.thumb.jpg.a6b8ebf8a750cf0b5189b28195f02aad.jpg

IMG_7136.jpg.d4f7a4bf802545bf165d3b79a83734f1.jpg

They are called Macaroon Brownie Cupcakes and I got the recipe from the back of the Ghiradrdelli brownie box.  I confess to always using that mix.  They make better brownies than I ever have, so why would I NOT?  😁  They are very, very good.  Especially warm:

IMG_7137.jpg.34b08ae28a231c8078265a19e4a5172f.jpg

• Like 4
  • Delicious 4

@Kim Shook  Those look really good.  I may have to pick up a box.  Something I've liked that comes in a mix is Krusteaz pumpkin muffin mix.  They carried it at Costco for a couple of years and then replaced it with banana bread mix.  To say I was disappointed would be an understatement.  Costco also discontinued the raisin brioche.  We don't eat breakfast so I liked to freeze these then re-heat in the CSO for a mid-morning snack.  Alas, no more.

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

@Kim Shook  Those look really good.  I may have to pick up a box.  Something I've liked that comes in a mix is Krusteaz pumpkin muffin mix.  They carried it at Costco for a couple of years and then replaced it with banana bread mix.  To say I was disappointed would be an understatement.  Costco also discontinued the raisin brioche.  We don't eat breakfast so I liked to freeze these then re-heat in the CSO for a mid-morning snack.  Alas, no more.

Here's the recipe in case they change the one on the box.  I'm sorry to hear about the pumpkin muffin mix.  My mom and I used to buy that and use it as a base for all kinds of pumpkin loaves.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, heidih said:

What is the white layer? Looks like strong black coffee would be the best drink to accompany. Is it brown from spices?

It is cream cheese, powdered sugar and coconut oil…topped with chopped, toasted pecans

1 hour ago, RobertM said:

It is cream cheese, powdered sugar and coconut oil…topped with chopped, toasted pecans

That was my thought but but looked kinda thick. Like the classic carrot cake which aligns with your other ingredients.