• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

pjm333

Your Daily Sweets: What Are You Making and Baking? (2017 – )

2 hours ago, heidih said:

They look tasty. The very combination of the phrases "lifeguard",Ontario Canada and December  17 send this wimpy Califrnia girl running

We do have indoor pools you know!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Anna N said:

We do have indoor pools you know!

Now Anna, we have to be considerate... most people outside of Canada don't realize our igloos are that big. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Tri2Cook said:

Now Anna, we have to be considerate... most people outside of Canada don't realize our igloos are that big. :D

But I do think that if you are accustomed to year round access to outdoor swimming facilities then it’s hard to imagine lifeguards on duty in an indoor pool. These kids even lifeguard while the pool is being maintained so that the maintenance people are safe.   Sometimes they have to work through the night now you wouldn’t imagine that if you took a job as a lifeguard would you?

Anyway to drag this back to food. I just learned that one of the celebrants is allergic to eggs so no brownies for that person!   Might have been able to  accommodate them had I known.  

• Like 2