• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

pjm333

Your Daily Sweets: What Are You Making and Baking? (2017 – )

Thank you all!  It was a lot of work, but fun.  A wonderful stress relief from all the family stuff that I've got going on.  I did some of it ahead of time - I hardly do anything that I can't freeze.  We made $400 on Saturday and then sold more after church on Sunday.  We don't put prices on - just rely on donations.  We find that people are more generous than we would be in pricing.  One man took a mini pumpkin loaf and one of those coffee cakes and gave me $40!!  

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

Pre-sold two of these and sold the other at the bake sale.  I am one tired puppy.

I'll bet you are!

• Haha 2

Round two on Thor's hammer. I was gonna try a different set up than last time, but a) this thing weighed a ton and b), I was worn out from working all day then making this at night. So, Ace got the same as a couple of years ago. He was happy though. 

EA877D35-4853-4B0C-A5F0-F5C67A27DE47.jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, RWood said:

Round two on Thor's hammer. I was gonna try a different set up than last time, but a) this thing weighed a ton and b), I was worn out from working all day then making this at night. So, Ace got the same as a couple of years ago. He was happy though. 

EA877D35-4853-4B0C-A5F0-F5C67A27DE47.jpeg

Oh, yeah, sure. But can you make an angel food cake, huh? Can ya? And in a Pullman pan? Huh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3