• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Your Daily Sweets: What Are You Making and Baking? (2017 – )

pjm333

On 8/22/2020 at 9:53 AM, Kim Shook said:

I looks and tastes like that.  But the texture is a little lighter than that would be.  There is almost a fluffiness when you actually take a bite.  So good and crazy easy.

Is this a recipe that's made an appearance here on the ol' gullet that I somehow missed or is this one from the Top Secret files? Because a lighter, almost fluffy brownie in a pie crust sounds like something that should be in every life... :D

• Like 2

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

14 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Yeah, Kim we need the recipe please pretty please 😁

I've looked through her online cookbook many times but I checked it again before asking, I didn't see it anywhere... at least, not by that name. :D

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

4 minutes ago, Tri2Cook said:

I've looked through her online cookbook many times but I checked it again before asking, I didn't see it anywhere... at least, not by that name. :D

I love her online cookbook.  It's a go-to for me....I like browsing for ideas.  I know if she's put a recipe there that it's tried and true :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jim D. said:

As promised, it looks easy--and delicious. Are the eggs beaten or broken up or anything before being added?

I did beat them up before I added them.  I also let the chocolate mixture cool a bit before adding the eggs.  I need to add that to the recipe.  Thank you!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RWood said:

Blue macarons with vanilla bean buttercream and sprinkles for a gender reveal party.

The macarons look glorious!  I know what a gender reveal party is but for some perverse reason, I imagine random people dropping trou or raising skirts and shouting "Surprise!" at happy hours everywhere.  

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, blue_dolphin said:

The macarons look glorious!  I know what a gender reveal party is but for some perverse reason, I imagine random people dropping trou or raising skirts and shouting "Surprise!" at happy hours everywhere.  

I love it. I have always been a bit averse to gender reveal events, for no reason I can identify. I will hereinafter carry this image with me.

But the macarons looked FINE. I am blessed there are bakeries here that do good macarons.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

341184203_Bananabread09-02.jpeg.46c1575c0cee8d6986ac7a1cf23cdcf0.jpeg

Just on the verge bananas were hanging around, so made a quickie banana raisin bread - I couldn't find the walnuts, though they're here somewhere!

Edited by weinoo (log)
  • Like 6
  • Delicious 2

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

2 hours ago, weinoo said:

Just on the verge bananas were hanging around, so made a quickie banana raisin bread

Congrats! You just combined one of my favorite things (banana bread) with one of my least favorite things (raisins). But what I actually chimed in to say is, you made it look good and I'd probably eat it raisins and all. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, weinoo said:

341184203_Bananabread09-02.jpeg.46c1575c0cee8d6986ac7a1cf23cdcf0.jpeg

Just on the verge bananas were hanging around, so made a quickie banana raisin bread - I couldn't find the walnuts, though they're here somewhere!

I'm going to pretend those are chocolate chips.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Shelby said:

I'm going to pretend those are chocolate chips.  

That wouldn't sweeten the deal for me... a few walnuts or pecans are acceptable but in general, I prefer my banana bread sans any embellishment. 

• Haha 1

I'd be actually disappointed to find chocolate rather than raisins. I find it to overwhelm the banana bread, and I do love plump cooked raisins (make sure to buy good quality ones, not all raisins are palatable, even once cooked).

• Like 1

~ Shai N.

@shain - exactly!

Walnuts were supposed to go in - but as much as I searched, I couldn't find them. Probably because they are stored where they are supposed to be stored once opened - in the freezer.

This morning for breakfast, a few slices will be toasted and spread with a nice, delicious soft cheese.

• Like 2
  • Delicious 1

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?