• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Your Daily Sweets: What Are You Making and Baking? (2017 – )

pjm333

1 hour ago, jmacnaughtan said:

Those look good :)

If you're doing a Saint Genix, the trick is to incorporate far more pralines than you think the dough can possibly hold.

Having eaten my body weight of Maison Pralus Praluline in my time..believe me, that’s the plan. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rotuts said:

@Kim Shook  

wow !

would you point us again to the Rx ?

of course now I need a Bunt Pan that will fit in the CSB !

I have always been meaning to make this so I saved the link--it's @Norm Matthews' recipe and it's on @Kim Shook's site

Norm's Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake

I need to get some pineapple.....and a bundt pan.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@Kim Shook      Been wanting to make one of these since I saw them on Pinterest. I have a tube pan, but no bundt, and no storage for one.

And this old porch is like a steaming greasy plate of enchiladas,With lots of cheese and onions and a guacamole salad ...This Old Porch...Lyle Lovett

1 hour ago, caroled said:

@Kim Shook      Been wanting to make one of these since I saw them on Pinterest. I have a tube pan, but no bundt, and no storage for one.

Lucky me. If I ever get the urge or the need for a Bundt pan I’m pretty sure I will be able to borrow @Kerry Beal‘s. xD

• Haha 3

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

2 hours ago, caroled said:

Chris calls Indiana the northermost southern state - someone you know has a Bundt pan you can borrow!!!:D

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rotuts said:

Of course , I immediately went down to BB&B

w my coupon , of course

as they and a cuisinart bunt pan 9 in for 13.XX

of course , they didn't have any in stock.

and its a special order

:/

Here's one

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:29 AM, rotuts said:

since I don't have a bunt pan , can the Rx be made in a 10 " round pan  ?

that wi9ll fir in the CSO

I have 2 extra bundt pans that were unearthed from the basement rubble apparently brought here from somewhere in Poughkeepsie.

pm me a snail mail address and I can dispatch them to whoever needs them........

• Like 5

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

21 hours ago, caroled said:

see just above caroled

• Like 2

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:23 PM, Kim Shook said:

Chris calls Indiana the northermost southern state - someone you know has a Bundt pan you can borrow!!!:D

Will definitely ask my 91 year old German neighbor. She loves sweets and would probably have one.... as soon as we get around to getting my oven fixed (sensor is out!) 

• Like 1

And this old porch is like a steaming greasy plate of enchiladas,With lots of cheese and onions and a guacamole salad ...This Old Porch...Lyle Lovett

Finally doing the Holiday baking I wasn't able to get to during the, uh, Holidays. Instead of a traditional pie, I made an open face mincemeat tart using puff pastry, (sorry the frozen kind).  Doused the mincemeat in rum about 4 hours before the bake.  Turned out really delicious.Mincemeat Tart.JPG

• Like 14
  • Delicious 1

The buttercream had been in the freezer (it was leftover from a previous use), and I had some difficulty with defrosting, it was quite watery. But it worked out okay in the end, my friends and I will enjoy these macarons tomorrow. I already had a couple, even though they're not quite ready yet. But they're very good. 

macs.jpg

• Like 13