• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

1 hour ago, Pete Fred said:

Now that I have a pot a tahini to use up, I took the opportunity to make some tahini and date cookies by Benjamina Ebuehi that had been on my to-do list for a while...

TahiniandDateCookie1.thumb.png.ad07eaeac3c4a7336614fe7c1027d355.png

They were good, with a nice chew and a pleasant halva flavour. Simple to make and vegan, too, if that's your thing.

A couple of adjustments for larger, thinner cookies...

TahiniandDateCookie2.thumb.png.43298035b5875d83b322abcf491a03aa.png

But overall I preferred the thicker ones.

They sound excellent.  I, too, end up with tahini to use up fairly often and I'd love to try these!  Is this the recipe?  And does that recipe result in the thicker cookies that you preferred? (Love  Benjamina!)  When I'm looking to use up tahini, I sometimes make these tahini and almond cookies from David Lebovitz that were recommended to me years ago by @Darienne.  

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

1 hour ago, Pete Fred said:

Now that I have a pot a tahini to use up, I took the opportunity to make some tahini and date cookies by Benjamina Ebuehi that had been on my to-do list for a while...

TahiniandDateCookie1.thumb.png.ad07eaeac3c4a7336614fe7c1027d355.png

They were good, with a nice chew and a pleasant halva flavour. Simple to make and vegan, too, if that's your thing.

A couple of adjustments for larger, thinner cookies...

TahiniandDateCookie2.thumb.png.43298035b5875d83b322abcf491a03aa.png

But overall I preferred the thicker ones.

That sound excellent.  I, too, end up with tahini to use up fairly often and I'd love to try these!  Is this the recipe?  And does that recipe result in the thicker cookies that you preferred? (Love  Benjamina!)  When I'm looking to use up tahini, I sometimes make these tahini and almond cookies from David Lebovitz that were recommended to me years ago by @Darienne.