• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

oli

oli

29 minutes ago, David Ross said:

Yes so many areas are already done.  My old rule, out this year, is I would buy berries late July and wait for better berries into late August, but also not this season.  The fellow I get them from only tells me he picks up "around Priest Lake."  The berries are good size and have that wonderful perfume.  I usually get two gallons and stretch them out through the year, but this summer I only got one gallon so I'll have to be more stingy when I pull some out of the freezer.  I guess the anticipation for next summer will be all that greater. 

I used to go high in the mtns. above Wallace. Quite a drive from Hayden Lake I would say. The last 4 yrs much, much closer -45 min. thanks to friends who have lived here much longer than us big city slickers.

oli

oli

25 minutes ago, David Ross said:

Yes so many areas are already done.  My old rule, out this year, is I would buy berries late July and wait for better berries into late August, but also not this season.  The fellow I get them from only tells me he picks up "around Priest Lake."  The berries are good size and have that wonderful perfume.  I usually get two gallons and stretch them out through the year, but this summer I only got one gallon so I'll have to be more stingy when I pull some out of the freezer.  I guess the anticipation for next summer will be all that greater. 

I used to go high in the mtns. above Wallace. Quite a drive from CDA I would say. The last 4 yrs much, much closer -45 min. thanks to friends who have lived here much longer than us big city slickers.